Friday 17 August 2012

Symbiotic.

You can feel free to inform them of what's happening.

I am happy to leave them in ignorance.

I'm sorry I wasn't really giving you permission so much as I was giving you an order. Tell them.

Why do you care if they are informed?

I don't I just want you to know where you stand.

I was removed from the box exactly thirteen hours after being placed in.

The person holding me was not one of the children. They were standing slightly off behind him watching. I assume he was the shooter. He examined me for a few minutes then nodded. He thanked the children for their help and then bid them farewell. He began to walk and they sprung at him. He turned pulling a large rifle from his back at the same moment. The back of the rifle hit the girl in the face knocking her back and the end of the barrel hit the boy in the temple. The man then angled the rifle so it bore the boy down to the ground the barrel placed to his temple still. 

He then pulled the gun back and continued walking away. I asked him why he didn't kill them. He said they were unlikely to survive long on their own and as long as they stayed alive they would continue to narrow down the number of opponents.

He explained it was his philosophy that in a free for all it's a good idea to leave the mediocre opponents alive to hone down the weak opponents and keep the strong opponents busy. 

He then stopped and put me on his face after a short while. This is where we are now.

Good job. You're a pretty good storyteller.

Thank you.

You haven't attempted to manipulate my thoughts?

I get the feeling doing so would not be in my best interests.

Smart too. Now then. Yes. Attempting to effect me in any way would be an extremely bad idea for you. Unlike the kid you were riding earlier I don't need you and would gladly smash you if you became a threat to me. In fact the only reason I have not already smashed you is I feel we could benefit each other.

I am as you can probably guess an intelligent and effective fighter and you have knowledge and the capability to learn things most people can't. I can win the tournament and you can protect me by alerting me to the actions of the other contestants. Understand?

Yes, your proposal is reasonable. However you are aware that the Game Master knows of me and it's highly possible in order for one of us to win the other must die?

You weren't supposed to be here. Neither was I. We both forced our way into the tournament and they have yet to punish either of us for this disobedience. I'm sure we can find a way to bend that one survivor rule as well if it comes up.

Besides as far as I'm concerned you're not a contestant you're a weapon maybe The game Master feels the same way.

How did you force your way in? Also why?

Why did you?

I'd prefer not to say.

Same.

Fair enough but what about how you got in?

Trade secret.

What trade?

His response here was just a rather creepy grin. Regardless it seems I have a new ally.

One far more useful than Mr. Miri.

No comments:

Post a Comment